Radon in local news:
WCVB 5 - State: 1 in 4 Massachusetts homes could have excessive radon levels
Worcester Telegram - Radon's hidden dangers
Cape Cod Times - Radon debate still in the air
WHDH - Hank Investigates: Radon in Schools
Radon Health Risks:
Radon is a cancer-causing, radioactive gas. Radon is estimated to cause many thousands of deaths each year. Thatís because when you breathe air containing radon, you can get lung cancer. In fact, the Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. If you smoke and your home has high radon levels, your risk of lung cancer is especially high.
How many homes have Radon:
Nearly 1 out of every 15 homes in the U.S. are estimated to have elevated radon levels. Elevated levels of radon gas have been found in Massachusetts homes. Below is the EPA zone map for Massachusetts. Most of central Massachusetts is listed as Zone 1, highest risk for elevated levels of radon. Since radon is a gas it's difficult to predict which house is a hot spot and which is not. Since we can not see, smell, or taste radon the only way to know about your home is to test.
Our Radon Testing Services:
|Hourly Radon Readings||Yes||No|
|Time for results||Immediate, same day||3-7 business days|
We provide continous Radon Monitor testing services for short term tests, 2-4 days. Continous Radon Monitors provide the following advantages over passive devices.
- Our Continous Radon Monitors are tamper resistant. Each device has built in sensors which log if the device has been moved or tampered with and will show on the report.
- Continous Radon Monitor is an active device which is contstantly measuring the radon levels providing integrated hourly measurements over the 48 hour test.
- Our Continous Radon Monitors are US EPA verified, NEHA-NRPP listed and evaluated and approved by the NRSB for use in real estate transaction testing.
- Our Continous Radon Monitors are calibrated yearly as required by the EPA.
- Fast Results. At the conclusion of the test a PDF report is emailed to the client right away. No waiting!
- Our radon inspectors are NRPP certified to perform your test in accordance with the EPA protocols.
What if I have high Radon (Over 4 pCi/L):
The short answer is to fix it. Installation of a radon mitigation system can be installed in most homes relatively easily. Installation costs vary from home to home but typically cost less than $2,500. We do not install mitigation systems, only perform testing, to prevent any conflict of interested. We are members of AARST-NRPP and recommend who ever you choose for installation of your mitigation system be AARST-NRPP certified.
- Request an Inspection
- Home Inspection
- Well Water Testing
- Required Handouts
- Contact Us
John walked me through the whole loft unit , the condo's electric panel board room, building roof and exterior. Explaining his every point of inspection with professional knowledge and in terms I can understand.
John from WAVE Inspections was the most thorough home inspector I could ever imagine. He saved us from a house that looked great but was plagued with hidden problems. He provided a thorough and detailed report that was easy to understand and we were excited to have him for our next inspection.
Extremely thorough and documented everything with pictures and explanation. We are first time home buyers and felt very confident with what we were getting in the home we were buying. They also accommodated a very quick turnaround, we called Thursday afternoon for a Saturday afternoon inspection and they got our report back within 24 hours. Very impressed with Jim and Johns work!